Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tomatoes in New Jersey


Obviously, it's been ages since I posted anything on this blog, since the last entry concerns snow. It's been a very warm spring, and I've enjoyed every second of it, even as the humidity creeps up. I'm armed with hair products to prevent too much frizz, and I go into mirror denial anyway in the summer.

I'm excited to announce my tomato plants -- all two of them -- growing on my balcony seem to be making tiny, tiny flowers. With luck and lots of water and some attention from the bees, I might have some tomatoes of my own to harvest later this season! San Marzano, organic, and growing side by side with a cute little basil plant. If I could plant some bufalo mozzarella, I'd be in heaven! Here are some pics of my little weensy tomato flowers, shot with my 60 mm macro lens just after I watered the plants today.

If you have any, I could use some how-to-grow-great-tomato tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment