Thursday, January 29, 2009

On a Clear Day






The sun shone in Vancouver yesterday, and we headed over to Steveston for a walk along the fishing pier and through the little village. Our camera found a fisherman and his boat tied up to the dock. While we negotiated on the price of a piece of smoked tuna, he and his dog posed for a few snaps. This gentleman came to Canada from Poland 40 years ago. He is a commercial fisherman and sells his catch to local fish stores. His dog, Skipper, is just that -- the boat's skipper -- while our fisherman refers to himself as the first mate.
Tomorrow: we buy some handmade bread from an artisinal baker in Steveston to go with the smoked tuna.


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the photos Ann! How is your Marian cowl coming along? ...and what brought you to my neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    My cowl pattern, my yarn and needles came with me on this trip, but I admit I haven't started it yet! I've been too busy going gaga over the scenery here in BC!!

    ReplyDelete